March 23, 2020 13:00 ～ 19:30
March 24, 2020 9:25 ～ 20:30
Sano Shoin, 1F-Conference Room – Sano Shoin Hall
2-1 Naka, Kunitachi, Tokyo 186-8601 JAPAN
Go to map
Registrants will get the information on how to participate in the online conference. Deadline of the registration is 11 March.
In commemoration of the fifth anniversary of the Research Center for Normative Economics, Institute of Economic Research (IER), Hitotsubashi University and in celebration of the 94th Japanese-German Society of Applied Ethics, we will hold a trans-disciplinary conference and create a place for sharing and utilizing the knowledge of the philosophies of social sciences.
This conference has a good variety of theories and issues including “human rights, dignity and happiness”, “democracy, social choice and publicness”, “adversities, contingencies and capabilities”, “justice, reciprocity and recognition” etc. This conference may provide new insights on how to reconstruct the political liberalism with excellent research contributions in different fields such as social choice theory, decision theory, game theory, political philosophy, economic history, humanities and arts.
We will welcome discussions on new ideas/foundations/issues, as well as communications among all participants. Each presenter should invite and encourage questions and comments from discussants and the audience. Anybody who is interested in the subjects will be very welcome to participate.
- Department of Social Sciences, Hitotsubashi University
- Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Research Center for Global Economic Systems (HIAS GLECS)
- The Research Center for Normative Economics, IER
- “Towards a global standard of dignity as a philosophical concept: theoretical approaches, conceptual histories, and cross-cultural comparisons”, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (S), Grant Number 18H05218
- “Implementation of welfare transportation system based on the capability approach and construction of research analysis program”, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A), Grant Number 19H00595
- “Construction of <A Theory of Capability Justice> based on trans-disciplinary perspective”, Grant-in-Aid for Challenging Research (Exploratory), Grant Number 18K18569
- HIAS GLECS, “Norms, Institutions, and Mechanism Design: Theoretical and Empirical Studies for Comprehensive Social Sciences”
Jean-Pascal Bassino (École Normale Supérieure de Lyon / Hitotsubashi University)
Susumu Cato (The University of Tokyo)
Daisuke Hirata (Hitotsubashi University)
Akira Inoue (The University of Tokyo)
Tetsuji Iseda (Kyoto University)
Kohei Kamaga (Sophia University)
Yusuke Kasuya (Kobe University)
Atsushi Komine (Ryukoku University)
Kaname Miyagishima (Aoyama Gakuin University)
Tamotsu Nishizawa (Teikyo University)
Norihito Sakamoto (Tokyo University of Science)
Makoto Usami (Kyoto University)
Yuichi Yamamoto (Hitotsubashi University)
Kei Yoshida (Waseda University)
- Research Center for Normative Economics, IER, Hitotsubashi University
2-1, Naka, Kunitachi Tokyo Japan
Tel: +81 (0)42 580 8375
- HIAS GLECS
26 February: We have updated the latest program. Presentations given by Li Yaming (Chinese Academy of Social Sciences) and Anna Carabelli (Universita degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale) were cancelled in view of the spread of the new coronavirus cases.
As a new speaker, Takashi Ui (Hitotsubashi University) will present his paper on 23 March.